April 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Under the Mystery challenge I need to read a book where the title contained one of the following words: Chicken, Chocolate, Chai or Cherry. I chose
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke.
It was a good cozy, though a little longer then most cozies. It is set in a rural town in Minnesota. The main character Hannah Swenson owns a cafe that serves Cookies and Coffee. She finds her milk man murdered in the alley behind her cafe. She voluneers to help her brother in law, the town detective solve the murder. The books contained recipes for the many cookies mentioned in the story.  I cant wait to try to bake some of the cookie recipes in it. THey sound really good.

My only complaints about the book were the out of nowhere ending and some slow spots. After reading over 300 pages of hannah eliminating ever person in Lake Eden, MN it seemed out of place for her to just stumble over the murderer completely unprepared. It dragged on in several parts but over all was a good story. I dont however think I will read any more in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment