January 16, 2010

New Books!!

Made a trip to Books A Million today. I got some great deals. The first book I grabbed as I walked in was Elizabeth Kostova's new book The Swan Thieves. I loved The Historian, it is one of my favorite books, so when I heard she had a new book I knew I had to get it. And with a coupon and my discount card, I got 40% off, so even better!!

I also picked up two books by Robyn Young.Crusade and The Fall of the Templars. I have been reading a lot of books from this era and really enjoying them. Of course, I get them home and find out that they are books 2 and 3 in a trilogy. So looks like I will be getting another book from Paperbackswap (PBS).  :  )  

Of course my knack for picking up books and finding that they belong to a series didnt end there. I also picked up a book called Navigator by Stephen Baxter and one called The Serpent's Tale by Ariana Franklin. Navigator is book three of an alternate history epic. Aparently the epic begins in 4AD, the Navigator takes place with William the Conqueror in 1070. So I have missed a bit, lol. The Serpent's Tale is book two of the Mistress of the Art of Death, a medieval mystery. Many people at PBS have recommended both books, so I jumped at this one when I saw it on clearance at BAM.

These books will be added to my TBR and I will add the other books from the series to my wish list on PBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment